We are driven above all by the unprecedented opportunity to transform the lives of patients and families affected by a wide array of genetic diseases. Learn about how we are harnessing the power of gene editing to create fundamental breakthroughs for patients and families.
Gene editing: the future
Casebia is dedicated to leading the gene editing and genetic engineering revolution today, and over the long term, advancing the CRISPR technologies of tomorrow. Together with our partners, we are working to optimize gene editing across multiple disciplines and create the therapies that will unlock the full potential of gene editing for patients:
- Cas9 protein: Modification of multiple characteristics of the Cas9 protein to improve specificity, efficiency, and ease of deliverability
- guide RNA selection: Combining bioinformatics and experimental assays to identify guide RNAs with high efficiency and no off-target cutting
- Delivery of CRISPR/Cas9 to target cells: Developing next-generation delivery technologies to increase delivery efficiency and access additional organ systems
- Efficiency of correction: Achieving high efficiency of correction across all cell types and enable new therapeutic strategies
- Cellular engineering: Improving the ex vivo cell collection, manipulation and administration process for a variety of stem and hematopoietic cell types